It’s not a secret that I’m a huge smoothie lover! If I can’t have my smoothies in the morning the rest of my day seems heavy, I tend to get grumpy and my body sluggish. It’s just hard to start the day. It’s clear that my system prefers a light breakfast packed with flavors and amazing health aspects to it as well. A breakfast which boosts my body with a ton of great nutrients and frankly, great smoothies fills that role perfectly.
But for me, a smoothie isn’t just a smoothie. It has to have some great values to it for me to drink it next to tasting amazing of course. I want my smoothies to be incredibly uplifting, healthy, energizing, tasteful and filling all at once. I don’t want to get hungry after 30 minutes. Some would say it’s a hard task to achieve with only a smoothie but not really when you got a good smoothie combination going on. So that’s how this smoothie came to life. It got all of what I mentioned above and plenty more. It’s perfect in all forms especially for athletes as it gets your blood flowing easily. That’s also why I call it the bloody beet smoothie. You see beets are high in nitrates which converts to nitric oxides within the body. A highly important role. The nitric oxides relax blood vessels and dilate them, which then again helps the blood flow more easily and lowers blood pressure. Transportation of oxygen and nutrients to your cells also becomes easier for your body.
But the beets aren’t just the stars here. We got some amazing other health aspects to this smoothie as well:
- Mango for improved immunity system and skin cleansing aspects.
- Bananas with potassium which helps regulate fluid balance, muscle contractions, and nerve signals.
- Ginger as an anti-inflammatory.
- & Raspberries with antioxidants and vitamin-c.
All of this next to a ton of great vitamins, minerals, and fiber. This is just something you get from the Bloody Beet smoothie next to its uplifting values and great taste. But, let’s get down to business and make this flavourful smoothie shall we.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 medium beet (93g or 13.3 oz), washed, peeled and largely diced
- 3cm (30g or 2″) ginger, peeled and chopped, make 3 tbsp chopped
- 1/2 mango (175g or 1C), peeled and diced. (Easiest way to cut them open)
- 170g or 1 1/2 C frozen raspberries
- 350ml or 1 1/2 C water
- 2 medium bananas (260g or 3C /8.4oz), peeled
- In a blender add the beet, ginger, mango, raspberries, and water.
- Blend until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Add the bananas and blend until you get a smooth smoothie to say it like that.
Now the only thing remaining for you is to enjoy this smoothie at breakfast, pre- or post-workout, at lunch as a snack, next to a meal or just whenever you want to relax in the hot Summer weather. Ps, it’s great at Winter too.