I want to tell you guys a short story.
When I was 16 years old attending cooking school in Norway, I wanted to improve my degree in nutrition that was currently 4 out of 6 (grades in Norway are 1-6 and 2 is a what you have to have to pas). So I chose to write my final paper on nutrition. I got 6 on that paper and I ended up graduated with 6 in nutrition later that year. Anyway ever since that year I started to get really interesting in nutrition. When I got diagnosed with a lot of allergies later that year including food allergies like wheat, soy and peanuts next to grass pollen so bad I could hardly be outside during the summer and the only medicine that worked was cortisone. Along with pollen allergies from a tree and a bush and a little to dog and dust too
I couldn’t understand why I suddenly got them. At the time I was eating a ton of meat, cheese, poultry and fish but nobody told me that was bad and I had started to include some more veggies. My doctor told me to continue to eat the way I did even the food I was allergic to since I didn’t notice a negative thing from them. So I followed his advice until I started to think a little about it. I asked myself how I got these allergies and why? So I decided to stop eating wheat, soy and peanuts. Going vegetarian at the time and not eating wheat, soy and peanuts was really hard as we didn’t have much premade or vegetarian friendly food here in Norway back in 2009-2010. Adding on to the challenge when I became vegan in 2010.
I realized how powerful food was and how much nutrition had to say when I a year later attended a therapeutic cooking school in the US. I told myself that since I got my allergies from bad nutrition it should be possible to reverse them too. So I wrote my final papper on “How to reverse allergies for a vegan”. I put my heart into that paper, and worked harder than ever, reaserching everywhere and graduated with an A.
I decided to follow my paper to cure my allergies when I got home. Starting on my 22nd birthday. Before that I told my doctor that I wanted to take a new blood test to check out my levels. For me it was a natural thing to do since it was 6 years since the last one. At the beginning he refused as he told me I would always have them and there was noting I could do about it. But he had to follow my demande as I just didn’t let it go. A month or two went by without hearing anything from my doctor so I called them to request the answer. A bit after that when I was a week into reversing my allergies another doctor called me to tell me the result from my test: “all of your allergies are gone except half of the levels on the grass pollen”. That meant wheat, soy, peanuts, grass pollen, one tree pollen, pollen from a bush, a little on dogs and dust. It was all gone! I still remember how I felt. I couldn’t believe it I could eat whatever I wanted too. I even asked the doctor “I can eat whatever I want too!” It was kinda like a chock to me even though I knew it was posible. That underlined that it’s all about nutrition and healthy living!
It was like a new world that opened up for me. For a while I went crazy eating everything I had drooled after for all those years.
Even though I enjoyed eating everything I also loved to and still does to this day making allergy-free and allergy-friendly food so I continued to experiment and focuse on those foods. This for a good reason I love to make food for people with allergies, people that normally can’t have certain things because of their allergies. Seing their reachion when you give them amazing food is one of a kind! I also understand how it is to be restricted without your will.
During this time I also learned how much nutrition helps to cure diseases. This is why my first post is about this drink. It’s amazing! I just felt like sharing a little story about how I ended up being so passionated about what I do.
Now let’s go back to the drink shall we
I think I’m in love with this drink and that for a reason!
It truely is powerful, you feel the kick from the ginger, with the calm cinnamon and the refreshing side from the lemon juice. That phrase sums the remmedy up in one sentence.
As it wasn’t enough with the amazing taste and calming benefits it also helps to cure colds, headach, morning sickness, nausea, migrane headach, digestion problems and a lot more. if you want even more information about the ingredients it’s on the bottom of this page.
This home remedy is the one I recomend to people all the time but it’s also the one I use myself. I really loooooove the ginger root. The taste, the effect everything about it. It’s so powerful!
Check it out and do try it out.
0,5-1cm ginger root, peeled and chopped (size depends on thickness of the ginger root).
1 cinnamon stick
Freshly squeezed lemon juice after taste.
2 cups water
1/4 – 1/2″ ginger root, peeled and chopped (size depends on thickness ot the ginger root).
1 cinnamon stick
Freshly squeezed lemon juice after taste.
- In a pot add the water, ginger and cinnamon.
- Get it to boil then lower the heat and let it simmer for 5min.
- Squeeze some lemon juicer over it.
- Serve and enjoy!
– Ginger root is a rich source of powerful antioxidants such as gingerols, shogaols and zingerones. It’s been used as a culinary spice for at least 4400 years for it’s awesome taste but also as home remedies for a long time for treating a variety of conditions like loss of appetite, diarrhea, stomach upset, post-surgical pain, motion and morning sickness, nausea, rheumatoid arthritis, cough and bronchitis and a lot more.
Causion: Ginger has blood-thinning qualities and may be contraindicated if you’re on blood thinners. Consult your doctor or registered dietitian for advice on consuming ginger.
– Cinnamon is a source of manganese, iron, calcum, and fiber and contains cinnamaldehyde, cinnamyl acetate, and cinnamyl alcohol which work as antioxidants in the body. It helps to prevent arthritis flare-ups, help stop the growth of bacteria as well as fungi, including the yeast Candida. It’s also good for blood sugar control as it slows the rate at which the stomach empties after meals, reducing the rise in blood sugar after eating, It’s smell boost brain activity. Also it improves colon health and protects agains heart disease. And not to forget it’s used as a traditional warming remedy in Traditional chinese medicine as it provides reliefe when facing a cold or flu espesially when mixed in tea with some fresh ginger.
– Lemons are high in vitamin C which is great for the immune system. They also contains vitamin A, calcium, folate, potassium and as other citrus fruits they are high in flavonoids an antioxidant that block substans that cause cancer and heart disease. Vitamin C rich foods provide protection against inflammatory polyarthritis, a form of rheumatoid arthritis involving two or more joints. Lemon also binds to toxics so that they leave the body faster. Not to forget lemons taste sour when you consume them but they turn alkaline in the body which is important to reach the right ph-level to keep your immune system at it’s best. This because diseases thrive better in an acidic environment.
Thanks to White Noise for the awesome music and sound quality. Check out his Facebook page