No? really? seriously? A gluten-free, sugar-free, oil-free vegan pancakes packed with good proteins from the peanut butter, omega 3 from the flax seeds along with a bunch of other amazing nutrients from the bananas, oats, dates and so much more. Is this reality?
Oh yes, I’m not kidding! We’re talking drool-worthy pancakes you can enjoy with no regrets 😉 It’s so versatile, throw in some blueberries or cacao or protein powder into the recipe or take out the peanut part and you get a completely new recipe.
These pancakes are so tasty I could eat them for ages and they actually make you feel good too. I’m sure by now you know I’m a pancake person. There’s no way around that. Actually, crêpes were the first recipe I learned by heart from my dad as a kid and I still remember it.
Also vegan spelt crêpes was actually the first recipe I came up with after testing out different wheat-free vegan crêpes for ages after going vegan. Enough said let’s make some pancakes, shall we.
2.35 dl / 1C plant-based mylk of choice (coconut is amazing (the drinking one))
3 Medjool dates, pitted (optional)
6tbsp smooth peanut butter
2 ripe bananas
1tbsp apple cider vinegar
1tsp baking powder / 1/4tsp baking soda
2tsp crushed flaxseeds
4dl / 1 2/3C glutenfree oat flour (crushed oats)
Topping of choice such as:
Just go crazy on this part
- In a blender blend, the plant mylk with the dates and peanut butter until smooth. Now add the bananas. Blend until smooth. It’s important to not add the bananas at the beginning as they may become bitter when blended for too long.
- Add the apple cider vinegar to the banana mixture. Blend and let sit for a couple of minutes.
- Pour all of the remaining ingredients into a bowl. Add the liquid and whisk until smooth.
- Warm up a non-stick pan over medium heat. Pour in a ladle of the batter to the pan to obtain the size you want. Fry until the pancake is almost dry on the top (change color). Flip the pancake and fry the other side too. Repeat until all of the pancake batters is used.
- Make a decent pancake stack. Top the stack with your topping of choice. Maybe some banana slices, berries, chopped peanuts, and maple syrup or just jam if you like. Either way, devour these pancakes with a good conscience straight away, after or both.